Friday, September 8, 2017

Happy Birthday to Mama!

Today Mama (THIS Mama) is 40.  And I am totally cool with it.  When MY Mama turned 40 I was 20 and a junior in college.  Can you imagine?  No - can I imagine?  Having a junior in college (and a freshman, and a high schooler and a 9 year old)?!  No.  No, I can't.  I just sent my baby to Kindergarten.  I can't wrap my head around where my mom was when she turned 40.  Bless her.  Bless her everywhere.
ANYWAY I'm 40 and I'm GRATEFUL.  Like a good 40 year old I scheduled a physical, a dermatologist visit, a girl doctor visit and allllllll the blood work and everything checked out.  How awesome is that?  Everything is in working order.  And damn if I don't feel good.  And damn if I don't have the most beautiful family anyone has ever had.  So damn if it doesn't feel good to be 40.  And damn if I want to say damn, I'm 40.  It's all good.



 This is the most amazing pie ever.  It's called Chocolate Pie and it came from Swamp Rabbit Cafe & Grocery.  It is now my official annual birthday pie.
 And this is my cake.  It is Pecan Heath Bar Cream Cheese Pound Cake.  If that sounds like too much yes.  Yes, it was.
 This is my 40th birthday present from my favorite husband (who was so busy taking my birthday pictures he's not actually IN any of them).  It's a beautiful painting made my a local artist I adore and it reminds me of the low country beach which is where we had the B------ family vacation this summer and really where I fell in love with South Carolina 22 years ago and now I'm lucky enough to call it home and raise my kids here.  How awesome is that?!  How lucky am I?!?
 And these are flowers my two bestest friends sent me (Carrie and Angie - the same girls I used to blame my cigarettes on and like true friends in high school, they did not care).  And of course, they're my favorite flowers.  It occurred to me I have been friends with those girls for just under 30 years now.  I AM SO LUCKY.  Who has friends like that?!  I DO!  I DO!!!
 And look how beautiful THEY are!  They did all kinds of extra chores to take me to get our nails done.  We all three got full blown mani/pedis and then had lunch with Daddy.
 And this guy took me out for my first Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season before school.  He opted for the unleaded chocolate milk.
 But I did let him get a cookie.  At 7 am.  Before school.
 And this CARD!  The cat TALKS and makes LASER NOISES!  So awesome.
And this.  They're ALL my favorites.
What a day.  What a life.
XOXO
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...