Thursday, September 7, 2017

Flu Type A(nna Jane)

 Well that took all of ONE DAY OF SCHOOL to come down with the flu.  Waaaaaaaah!!  Poor baby.  She woke up in the middle of the night with a fever.  Mama gave her some ibuprofen and she went back to sleep.  Thankfully Wednesday was a home day anyway so we took our time with school and she seemed to be doing so much better I told her she was probably well enough to go Thursday.  WRONG.  Her fever spiked SO HIGH the thermometer couldn't even read it.  I took it about 10 times.  The LOWEST reading I got was 105.6 and the highest (besides "HIGH") was 106.9.  I was on my way out the door to the ER for fear her little brain was frying.  Daddy however is a "Doctor" and also way calmer than Mama (what can I say?  He's had "training") and convinced me to stay home and let him handle the fever which he did and it went down.  Thankfully.  He tested her for flu and it was positive.  Maybe this will get our annual someoneinourhousealwaysgetstheflueveryyear out of the way.  Of course Jack had it this past Spring (the same weekend Daddy was supposed to take all 3 kids camping for the WHOLE WEEKEND which meant Mommy was going to have 48 whole hours to herself - instead got to spend it with a kid with the flu - awesome timing).  I guess it's a job hazard Daddy brings germs home that Mommy can't effectively fight off despite my hippie mineral broth, my obsession over healthy(ish) eating and I promise I really do clean my house (apparently vinegar doesn't effectively kill germs.  Time to kick it old school Lysol?)
Well over the next couple days she started feeling better and I found her in random places over the house, snoozing.  Bless her sweet little heart.
Go get your flu shot (which in my opinion only works about 50% of the time, because we get it and we still get the flu so...for what that's worth).
XOXO
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...