Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, y'all!  It's Mommy.  I had the BEST Christmas ever today.  Right now I'm listening to the girls play with their new toys in their bedroom (not even pretending to be sleeping) - and I am thanking God for the greatest gifts of all: FAMILY.  LOVE.
What a year it's been for our little family.  We started out the year with some struggles; some tough and heartbreaking decisions; some denial, anger, confusion.  We made some big mistakes.  We started over.  We witnessed new beginnings for others we love and had some new beginnings of our own.  We welcomed two beautiful sisters into our extended families and one gorgeous new niece.  We fell apart, came together, forgave, came together and loved each other through it all (sometimes through gritted teeth but still!). 
Today my heart was just so full of gratitude for all we are so blessed to have and that is each other.  We don't always have days like today, in fact we don't often have days like today or days like we had 3 weeks ago in Florida when we were all together on our M----- side.  We all have our own shit going on, our own busy schedules, catastrophes and victories but love is the common thread that makes us a family and I for one am so grateful to have you as part of my family.  God has been so good to me; so good to us.
My husband and my precious babies are the greatest gift of all to me.  We are together and healthy.  We are so blessed.
Thank you ALL for making this Christmas the best yet.  Thank you for making it magical for the girls and for Jack.  Thank you for being there for me this year when I really, really, REALLY needed you.  Thank you for being there for Joe, too.  Thank you for spoiling the kids rotten with so much love and attention that I can't imagine they'll ever want for anything.  Thank you for forgiving me when I overstepped my bounds or put my foot where it didn't belong which is usually in my mouth.  Thank you for making us a part of your world.  Thank you for looking all cute and dressed up on Christmas morning when I specifically asked you not to so that I wouldn't be the only dork in pictures wearing candy cane pants.  Yes, yes I am and I didn't take them off all day.
Thank you, thank you for everything.  I love you so much.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Kris (aka Mommy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you too, sweetheart and are so blessed to be surrounded by our wonderful, loving family. May God continue to watch over us and love us as we continue to support and love each other. Does it get any better than this? I think not! We love you all so very much and thank God every day for being us (mostly) all together.

Merry Christmas and may 2013 be our best year yet!

XOXOXO

Babi and Duda

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...