Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Up: Happy (Really Super Duper Belated) Birthday, Aunt Tracey!

 Dear Aunt Tracey, this picture is gratuitous but despite the fact Mama looks a little like a tranny in this picture (a real HOT tranny!) it's one of the VERY FEW pictures Mommy has of just the two of you!  I guess this is because when we're all together it's usually either you or Mommy taking all the pictures.  And usually Mommy counts on you to take most of the pictures because you're artsy fartsy and better at it!  But guess what?!  THIS Saturday Mama is taking a class to learn how to work the camera you bought us like, four years ago?!?  Yay, finally!  So Mommy promises to take more pictures from now on and including more pictures WITH you in them!
Aunt Tracey, we love you so much!  SO MUCH we made an Aunt Tracey Haiku!
It goes:
Tracey is the best
We love you so very much
Happy Late Birthday
See?  Daddy was an English Major but MOMMY wrote that all by herself!
Seriously - I love you so much, and that is not Lilly talking.  You are the best sister-in-law anyone could ever ask for and that God brought you into MY life is just one of the little perks of being married to Joe.  In fact, it's a big perk because I don't know what I'd do without you.  You are the voice of reason when everything else has gone apeshit crazy; you are the rainbow on the other side of the storm complete with a pot of gold and a crazy fun leprechaun at the end; you are the cool salty breeze blowing off the ocean while I've got sand in my ass on the beach and I'm sunburned all over because I forgot to put the damn sunscreen on; you are awesome, awesome, awesome and we love you, love you, love you. 
In your honor we are making a donation to the New York Foundation for the Arts so that others in your beautiful city can come to know, appreciate and love art the same way you do!
We hope you forgive us for being late. 
You're up next, Grampa!  Stay tuned!  I'm working on song lyrics for you!
Love,
Lilly, Anna and Jack
(and Daddy - because the NYFA was his idea - but most especially Mommy - and you know why - thanks for everything...)
xoxo

1 comment:

tracey said...

wow. that may have been a late birthday post, but it was the best ever... it made me bawl my head off. and I may not have a haiku for you, but I love love love you too.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...