Monday, September 12, 2011

Missing Us?

 You missing us yet, Daddy?  We're missing you!  Just remember while you are up North there - do NOT fail this test or Mommy will kill you.
SO!  Wanna hear about what you've missed?  Here we go!
- We got a Beta fish from Babi and Duda yesterday!  His name is Rainbow.  He's dead.  Mommy found him this morning, told me he was "sleeping" and he's still "sleeping" in the tank because she can't find the net to fish him out.  So he might even still be here when you get back, waiting for YOU.
- I've started telling TALL TALES!  I told Mama I didn't want to go to Mary Lou's today because she's "MEAN" so Mommy said we better have a talk with her about that, thinking (erroneously) that I might retract my statements (I didn't) and when we got to Mary Lou's house Mommy said, "So, Mary Lou, what's this I hear?  You are MEAN to Lilly?  MY Lilly?!"  to which Mary Lou responded, "Oh, no meaner than you, Mommy - I hear stories all the time about how you send Lilly to time out in the closet" (which is not true, I lock her in the bedroom...)
- We watched TV yesterday.  LOTS of it.

One more exciting thing, Mommy slept upstairs last night - you know she loves "Grandma's" room and almost always sleeps up there when you're gone...well it's great because she can sleep with the windows open and last night she heard a gun shot!  Just one!  Then at about 3:30 AM she heard men talking outside of the window.  This did not freak her out in the least...she went and got the Louisville Slugger and slept with IT.  Nothing scarier than an 8 month pregnant woman with a baseball bat.  Then thought when in Kentucky, why not do as Kentuckians do?  Get herself a pretty little gun, you know the kind with the pink handle?  It will come in handy when I start dating...  Think about it, Daddy.  That, or a dog?  A real big one.
Love, 
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...