Monday, July 11, 2011

Out of the Mouths of These Babes...

Mama had a funny weekend with us.  We are hilarious.  Here are a few things we had to say this weekend, we'll post some pictures in the next day or two...

Mama trying on a new maternity dress she just received in the mail says, "Do you girls like this dress?"
Anna: "I like it."
Mama: "I like it, too."
Lilly, exasperated, says: "You like it and Anna likes it but I DON'T like it.  I don't even know what color it is."
Note: It is "Pebble Gray" - do YOU like it?
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6035&vid=1&pid=808046&scid=808046012

On the bus on our way to a Summer Festival Mama says, "Lilly stay seated please."
Lilly, "Why?"
Daddy says, "Because if you don't we might hit a bump and you could fall down and crack your head open." (A little dramatic, yes, but you have to be when you're dealing with royalty such as Princess Lilly)
Lilly says, "Oh no, if I fall down on the bus and crack my head, I will be a crack head!"

Mommy says to Anna, "ANNA!  ANNNNAAA!!!  If you don't do XYZ by the time I count to 3 you are going to TIME OUT, little Lady!"
Anna looks Mommy straight in the eye and says, "Can I go to time out now, please?"
At least she said Please.  And yes, she went to time out.  As you imagine, she learned a lot from the experience.

Lilly to Anna while playing with dolls, "ANNA!  ANNNAAAA!!!  Did you hear me?  You need to LISTEN to me when I talk!"
Anna says, "Why?"
Lilly says, "Because I said so!"
Sounds like a familiar conversation, one that gets repeated in our house about 50 times a day (and likely in your house, too)

Have a GREAT week!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...