Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Disney World Part 1: Princess, But of Course!

 On day 1 of our trip to Disney World we had breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus in Epcot!  Mommy brought the camera, lo, she did not put a memory card in it before we left for our trip!  She remembered to bring us, though, and that was more important than a memory card.  So we only had the memory on the camera which bought us 3 pictures.  Yep.  Three, whole, pictures.
 This actually worked out fine because Anna as you can see, was very skeptical towards the princesses.  It didn't help things that Anna had puked her guts out just 10 minutes before getting her hand kissed by Snow White.  Sorry, Snow White.  Way to kick off vacation, Anna!  BLECH!
 Later in the afternoon this same day Mommy took me to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and it was Bibbidi Bobbidi Fantastic!  At this event though, because nothing can ever go right, Mommy got into a fight with the camera and lost.  Somehow the battery pack got all jacked and she had to use her finger to shove the battery up the chamber (yeah, yeah pull your head out of the gutter people) while concurrently using her other hand to point and shoot.  This was not the end of the world though as there were PROFESSIONAL photogs there shooting much better pics with much better equipment anyway.  So, here's the best we could do with what we had.
 Don't I look overjoyed?
 Here, I can hardly stop smiling!
My excitement is contagious!

I chose this hairstyle myself.  It was the "Disney Diva" style.  When we walked into the salon I told my Fairy Godmother in Training I wanted BIG, PINK hair (hey, I'm kinda southern).  She said, do you want blonde hair to match your pretty hair?  I looked at her like she had a booger coming out of her eye and I said, "NO.  BIG.  PINK.  HAIR."  Well, today was all about me being a Princess and acting the part, naturally I got what I wanted.
 And I was thrilled beyond words.

BEYOND words, I said...
 Okay, lady, Mommy, I'll cut you a break, and I'll crack the tiniest of smiles.  $200 well spent, no?  That's right.  I said $200.
Here is a picture of Daddy, who has no earthly idea how much all of this Bibbidi Bobbidi Nonsense cost, now we'll find out if he actually reads this blog!  Heh, heh, heh.
Anyhoo!  After my spa day at the Boutique we had dinner at Cinderella's Palace!  This was actually, honestly...
 Pretty freaking awesome.
 And without a hint of sarcasm this time, I really couldn't stop smiling!
 And I might or might not have puked 10 minutes ago...
 But I really got into this...this rocked.  If you have a Princess of your own and take them to Disney, Mommy highly recommends Dinner at Cinderella's Castle.  It only set us back $150 but we got pictures with Cinderella (actual real pictures), and food (of course, some darn good lamb for Mommy), magical memories to last a lifetime (you actually do start to buy into this the more money you spend), a wand, a wishing star, and a formal invitation from Cinderella.  So worth the cash!  Right?  RIGHT?!
 Even Anna loosened up and had a little fun, and was able to keep some bread down.  When you are spending dollars at Disney (thousands of them) you don't let a little pukin' hold ya back!  No way!  Power through!  Puke!
 Last but not least of all, Mommy's favorite Princess at Disney!  ARIEL!  Ariel was so awesome!  She was like a Princess on speed!  She did not shut up!  She talked all kinds of nonsense but Mommy loved her!  Look at her!  She's adorable!  Blah, blah, blah, I'm Ariel!  Blah, blah, blah!
We just loved our first day at Disney, our Princess Day!  Too bad Mommy and Daddy weren't able to capture all the magic on their own crappy camera (Mommy thought the new camera was too big a risk to take, she was probably right as you'll see later in our updates...) but hey, that's what the PhotoPass Photographers were for!  And for only $100 if purchased BEFORE your Disney Trip ($150 if you wait till you get back...) you can get real, good Disney photos.
Cha-ching!
Cha-ching!
Cha-ching!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

1 comment:

Uncle Dan said...

Uncle Dan's profound sociological awareness wants him to feel compelled to piss in the cornflakes about all this Disney ... so to speak, but even Uncle Dan doesn't have a heart of stone. You're very very lucky little girls, and your obvious happiness delights me to no end. You're well loved, Lilly and Anna. We're all blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family. Y'all two better take full advantage. On that note, I'mo slip you some presents on the sly this weekend myself.

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...