Sunday, July 13, 2014

Around Here...

Summer!
What a GREAT Summer we are having!  Vacation at the OBX!  Swim Team!  Getting ready for Teti to get married ("Who is Teti marrying, Mommy?" - Uncle Bryan - "AGAIN!?").  We are living it up!
Last week Grandma came to visit for a few days with "Sully" (aka Ollie - but Jack can't say Ollie he says Sully and Ollie gets annoyed to the point it suits him!) and Vivienne ("Bibienne").  Mama had to do some running around last week to get ready for Teti's "Bachelorette" party (which is for grown ups only - something we DISAGREED with).  While she was gone Grandma signed up to watch us.
We thought it would be fun to jump on Mommy and Daddy's bed.
Grandma came upstairs and said, "Anna Jane, I don't think we should be jumping on Mommy's bed."
I jumped.  And jumped some more.
Grandma said, "Anna Jane, Mommy made that bed all pretty, I don't think she'd want you jumping on it."
I stopped jumping.  Sighed.  Got down off the bed and said, "Grandma, come here, I have a secret I want to tell you."
Grandma followed me into the hallway.  "Grandma, bend down a little, I want to tell you a secret."
"Okay, Anna Jane, what's the secret?"
"Grandma, around here?  I do what I want.  Don't tell Mommy and Daddy.  That's a secret."
Not much of a secret - is it?!  We all know who does what they want around here, don't we!
Thanks for the giggles, Anna Jane.  Keep 'em coming.
Love,
Lilly, Anna Jane, and Jack

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...