Sunday, January 27, 2013

My First Word...

Bah!
As in, "Bah bah!" (I am a bona fide Southern boy, so what may sound like, "Bah baaaah" to you Yankees is "Buh bye" to us!"
There, my first word.  Also handy when I want something:
"Bah!  BAAAAHHH!!!"
Or when I'm playing with my trucks:
"Baaaaaaaaaah!"  Known in some circles as, "Vroom."
So, yeah.  Again, the vocalization of genius.  I just can't be bothered with rudimentary words like "Mama" and "Dada" or you know, ANYTHING else.  I get what I want simply by screaming or throwing a tantrum, or for theatrics - BOTH!  Especially when with Mommy, Lilly and Anna in a crowded grocery store or even better - church.  I guess when you're the third baby, and you have two bigger sisters you really don't need to say a whole lot.  So here I am, 15 months old yesterday.
Bah!
But do you want to hear something really funny?  Leaving the hospital today an old fart on the elevator, wearing his Vietnam Vet mesh baseball cap, his leather bomber jacket, walking to his Buick parked in the handicapped spot (I mean, he was practically skipping y'all) he says to Daddy, "You got three pretty girls there!"  And Mama's all, "Thank you" and smilin' and blushin' a little and he looks at her like an alien just pooped on her head and says, "I was talking 'bout these babies!"  To which Mommy looks at me, decked out in my LITTLE BROTHER t-shirt, wearing a cargo coat and camo pants and says, "Well that there's my boy!"  And then she puffed her chest out a little and the man says, "That's a boy?!  With that long hair?  What is he?  A hippie?  You need to get her haircut!  She looks like a girl!"  "Well she's a boy, not a girl!" Mommy says and he says, "Coulda fooled me with that long hair!"
So apparently, I need a haircut - 'cause I look like a hippie?!  AND a girl???
Bah!
Love,
Jack


No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...