Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On Our First Day of Christmas...


On the first day of our Christmases Santa brought to me (Okay, so this wasn't exactly our "first" Christmas but then, we don't always do things according to plan, do we, Anna?):
A Rose Petal Cottage complete with a million accessories! These included: a washer/dryer, an oven, a sink, an apron, a cradle, a changing table, a muffin pan and a bowl. Way to perpetuate the female stereotypes, Santa! Naaah! I love this stuff! I mean, Mommy played with Barbies and stuff when she was all growing up and look at her! She's the anti-Barbie! She has no boobs! It's all good, people get so worked up. Just google Rose Petal Cottage and you get all these feminazi web sites that talk about how horrible it is for doing just that (perpetuating the female role stereotype) I mean, what am I supposed to play with? Race cars? Can you imagine? A female race car driver? Or, what? Pretend foreign policies? Please. I will stick to strollers, kitchens and dolls, thank you.
Big shout out to Miss Carrie for telling Mommy about it (thanks, Miss Carrie) on their Florida vacation back in October (ah, Florida with your white sandy beaches, your sunshine and your Heineken Light, how I long for thee right about now...)
You know it's funny, I got lots of Mommy-ish type of stuff this Christmas to go along with my cottage including a vacuum (what's that?) and some play food. The best thing about it all though, is my little servant who comes wrapped up into all of it to do my bidding. Anna, clean this! Anna, fetch that! Anna, give that back! Can't have that! I better enjoy it while I can because Mommy's got dollars to donuts that Anna is going to surpass my growth in the year...



Every year, Santa Daddy does our stockings and he does a GREAT job. This year we got our own little antlers to wear. It was HILARIOUS to watch Anna perplexed trying to figure out where the jingling was coming from. We do have a video of that, but you get the idea from the picture?

We made Daddy a scrapbook of our cottage trip this year. I think this was Daddy's favorite present, considering the automatic car starter Mommy "got" him hasn't even been installed yet and it's January 5. Lucky for Daddy this month Kentucky along with the rest of the Eastern half of the US is experiencing record cold! That automatic car starter sure sounds good right about 5:00 AM in the morning when you're leaving for work, doesn't it Daddy?

Awww, look how happy we are wading through all of our new loot. This isn't even the half of it. You should see our house now, it looks like one big giant toybox. It ROCKS! Mommy has to remind herself that all this isn't forever. It's only until she bites the bullet and buys all that organizational crap to hide the toys we do have and make room for more!
Love,
Lilly and Anna

No comments:

Apple Picking at Skytop

 Apple picking at Skytop has got to be one of my most favorite Fall family traditions.  It is so beautiful, it is so fun, and apples for w...